Le Refuge d'Ernest Candle
This limited edition holiday candle encapsulates the holiday season, evoking scents of a warm and cozy fire within a cabin deep in the Swiss Alps. Le Refuge d'Ernest pays homage to Marie's great great great grandfather, Ernest Solvay, a Belgian scientist and inventor who developed a passion for nature and exploration. He was quite fond of climbing the Matterhorn and through his early explorations, he realized the dangers of climbing this area due to erratic weather conditions. In 1915, he decided to commission a little refuge for safety in the form of a tiny cabin just below the peak of the Matterhorn - should a climber get stuck in bad weather. Imagine, upon lighting the candle, being transported to a cabin in the Alps and taking in the warmth of the fire before preparing to ascent to the top of the Matterhorn.
- Burn time: 60 hours
- Wax: soy blend
- 8.5 oz.
- Top note: applewood, amber, citron
- Mid note: clove Leaf, canella bark, white birch
- Base note: oakmoss, sandalwood, cedarwood
- Formulated without: Parabens, Sulfates & Phthalates
- Vegan & Cruelty-free, Mindful of your body and the environment.
- Maison Louis Marie was founded on the principles of composing clean luxury fragrances while doing good for our planet. They joined 1% for the Planet because they believe the world needs them now more than ever—it's time to take responsibility. 1% for the Planet inspires people to support environmental organizations through annual membership and everyday actions. They advise on giving strategies, certify donations, and amplify the impact of the network. This pledge means that they will be donating 1% of our revenues towards environmental causes.
Spend $75+ to get free shipping in the USA. Orders less than $75 ship for a flat rate of $6.95. We also offer 2-Day and Overnight Expedited Shipping.
You have 30 days to return or exchange anything you’re unhappy with. Items marked as final sale cannot be returned.